The following cases include most sufferings Canon lovers might meet:
1. Press Delete ALL button and deleted all photos instead of several not so nice ones.
2. Photos got deleted while transferring from Canon camera to personal computer (running Windows).
3. Formatted the SD, CF (Compact Flash) card equipped with Canon camera.
4. Memory card insides the camera becomes bad or corrupted and cannot be used any more.
5. Canon camera fell onto the hard ground and broken, photos become inaccessible.
When you accidentally meet any of the photo loss situations with your Canon camera, DO NOT panic as those photos are highly possible to be undeleted as long as you take the right steps and precautions. In most cases, Canon photo recovery (for Windows ) program should be tried first.
An easy yet powerful digital photo recovery tool which is specially tailored to restore photos lost from digital media including Canon cameras such as PowerShot SX 30, EOS Rebel T3, EOS 50D etc. Both PC and Mac versions are provided. Not only common image formats includes JPG (JPEG), PNG, TIFF, but Canon RAW photo formats such as CR2, CRW can also be retrieved without hassles.
Only need 3 steps: Connect -> Scan -> Recover, you can get back those lost memories easily. Free download Yesterdata Photo Recovery for a free scan.
STEP 1: Download and install the Canon image recovery software on your computer
(Here assume you are Windows user) Connect the camera (memory card) to the computer via a USB cable or card reader. Note: if you Canon is broken, take the SD card out and load it on a card reader.
STEP 2: Highlight the drive and select the photos you want to retrieve from the 'Advanced Scan'.
You can also recover RAW photos with format .cr2. Then click 'Start Scan' to come to a scanning procedure.
STEP 3: Preview and recover the found images/photos.
When the scan is finished (you can also cancel the process), preview those found photos and evaluate if they are right you have deleted. Then click Recover to get them recovered easily.